Applicable Hoste Policies
Accommodation Cancellations & Deposits
Deposits: For bookings of 3 or more room nights or should your booking exceed £750, a non-refundable deposit of 25% will be charged.
The Hoste reserves the right to pre-authorise the credit card provided as guarantee, within the 5 days of arrival (14 days for cottages).
Cancellation policy:(We advise you obtain personal insurance to cover you in case of cancellation)
• In the event of cancellation without 5 full days prior notice before the day of arrival (by 10 am), or on non-arrival, full charges will apply. Please note if booking a Luxury Cottage, we operate a 14 day cancellation policy and for group bookings of four rooms or more, the full amount will be chargeable if cancelled within 28 days of arrival.
• In event of premature departures, we will be obliged to charge for the full extent of the pre-booked stay.
• Any “No-Shows” will also be billed in full to the credit/debit card securing the reservation.
Dining Cancellations: For tables of six or more persons, in the event of cancellation without 24 hours’ notice prior to the day of arrival; or in case of non-arrival, a fee of £25 (twenty five pounds) per person will be charged to the credit card provided as guarantee.
Spa Cancellations: Please note we require a 50% non-refundable deposit upon booking. Cancellations may result in loss of deposit or can be carried over for future bookings.
We strongly advice all guests to consider insurance to cover the unfortunate cancellation of their spa treatments.
If you wish to bring your pet with you, the hotel must be made aware at the time of booking so that a suitable pet friendly room or table can be allocated. Failure to do so, may result in a non-pet friendly room or table being allocated and your pets not being allowed to stay or dine with you.
We kindly ask you to please be respectful of other hotel guests. Please keep your dog(s) under your control at all times and in particular around other hotel guests’ dogs. In order to respect the sensitivities of all our visitors we do make the following requests:
- Maximum of two dogs allowed per room, £15 charge per dog per night.
- Pets are not permitted on the beds or furniture. Please bring a dog-bed and some towels with you.
- Pets may not be left unattended in the bedroom, except when you are eating dinner in The Hoste’s restaurant and providing you are confident of your pet’s behaviour. Otherwise, we suggest you leave them in the car or in the Reception area whilst you are dining. It is essential you advise Reception if you choose to leave your dog unattended in your room.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by your dog (including extra carpet cleaning / replacement if necessary) whilst left unattended. Please ensure you have insurance to cover this.
- Guests are asked to pick up any deposits left by their pet immediately and to inform Reception if their pet has an accident in the room. Please do not attempt to rub or scrub carpets as this can result in unnecessary damage and staining (which the guest may be liable to pay for).
- In case of any accidents where damage has been caused to hotel property extra charges will apply.
- Please keep your dog(s) on a lead at all times when outside your room and anywhere on the hotel premises.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are permitted to sit with their owners at tables in the bar, lounge, conservatory and sheltered garden, providing they are not causing obstruction to other guests. No dogs are permitted in The Hoste restaurants, luxury cinema or Beauty Spa.
- Dog owners are asked to control any noise made by their pet to ensure it does not disturb other guests.
- Owners may be requested to leave their dogs outside, in their car or at reception during busy times. This decision will be at the discretion of The Hoste’s management.
- The Vine House is totally pet free.
As a legal requirement, we operate a non-smoking policy throughout all of our properties.
Designated outdoor smoking areas are available.
All of our properties have onsite complimentary car park and it is restricted to overnight residents only.
Please note that as we operate a first come – first served basis, we are not able to reserve nor guarantee any spaces. For further information on the village paid car park area, please click on the following link http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=28028